Tuesday, December 2, 2008

History

The old cliche. The only thing that man does not learn from history is that it repeats itself. So said somebody: Aldous Huxley or maybe it was Fats Waller or Fatty Arbuckle... That's not the point.
The point is I'm worried.

"Who among us has increased his life one minute by worrying?"
Well arguably alot of people. But that's not the point either.

I'm still worried.
I'm worried about Ben. I was mean to him. Ben's not just a massage therapist. He's got some message that he's trying to deliver.
He's no fool and I think he might even play for keeps. My concern is he doesn't realize he's wrapped up in history.

He's the unfortunate astronaut who approaches the event horizon of a black hole and the gravitational gradient becomes so steep that he is torn apart.

He has studied the depression! He knows the History but he doesn't know it will repeat itself. Regardless of quantitative easing. This is a financial earthquake. The only thing to be done is calmly wait for it to end and next time don't build your house on a fault line.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home