Thursday, February 19, 2009

Everybody Sit Down and Shutup

A couple of days ago I roused myself from my latest apathetic fit, dressed, and emerged from this sub-standard cave of a flat the fates have doomed me to dwell in. Blinking in the light of day, I quickly noticed the obvious: that nothing had changed. My fellow inhabitants of this lonely rock that hurtles through space were continuing their busy rush to nowhere with that charming sincerity that sometimes awakens pity in the few neurons I have chosen to keep dedicated to human emotion.

I noticed a newspaper stand as I walked (Let it be known that I walked aimlessly, but at least concious of that fact, unlike those around me). One of the papers featured a picture of that Obama fellow. I was reminded that the people of America had 'elected' a new president. Or more accurately the lucky winner of this lottery, which the american people callously refer to as democracy, was a smooth talker from Chicago.

I quickly absorbed all the relevant information in the caption. He had removed the bust of Churchill from his office, and with that act pronounced humanity's intention to enter the dark ages once again.

I put the newpaper down and returned to my lair. Where I sat, somber and pensive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home